Ares G36k hop trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ares G36k hop trouble

Post by Centurio on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Hello.
I have an Ares G36k blowback thats been having some odd hop issues. Out of the box it seemed that no matter which way I turn the nob, it doesn't provide any hop at all. I figured either the nub is mashed, or its too soft causing very little hop. I took the chamber apart and noticed that the bucking and nub were soft, so I replaced it with a systema, and a harder nub. It fixed the problem and was shooting great until the next skirmish. We went to re-arm and head to another field and it began to do the same thing and since then I havent been able to figure out why. I added a madbull nub (which is very stilf) and when test firing the bbs just fling out with very little velocity. This has been driving me nuts!

It seems that no matter which way I adjust it the bbs go about 50 feet then drop. What's weird is that I installed new parts and it worked great, and then suddenly it goes right back to the same issue. I marked the dial so see if it resets, and it doesn't. Any clue guys?

Centurio

Back to top Go down

Re: Ares G36k hop trouble

Post by Knightmare on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:51 pm

The Ares hop up is kinda finicky I think. I have their G36, and I've replaced the bucking and the barrel with madbull parts (blue soft bucking and 6.01 tb). It shot 380 fps, but just never seemed to get the hop I wanted. I figured the problem was with the nubbing, which is super soft. But after trying a few different nubbings I had lying around, I either got way too much hop, or it seemed like it had low FPS like in your case. I'm going to 321 tomorrow to play around with it since I'll have access to a chrono there. If I figure anything out I'll be sure to post it up.

Knightmare
S.P.E.A.R.
S.P.E.A.R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Back to top Go down

Post by Centurio on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:49 pm

I just got a prowin g36 hop chamber for it. Since the Ares G36 gearbox has a different design it doesnt attach to the gearbox, but it still works. I test fired it and it seems like it works now. The odd thing is if I add more hop it will kind of mis-feed almost like the nub is too much acting as a wall. The nub I used is a silicone tube that is of medium density. The only thing is that If I go to test it it might work now, but I know the second I get on the field and they same game on I'll shoot and they will drop 50 feet like before.
Crying or Very sad

Centurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightmare on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:22 pm

After playing with it, I figured out my problem was the nubbing. After test firing it with a nubbing I had, I believe its either a stock CA or stock Echo 1 nubbing, it shot low, but when I put the ARES nubbing in it shot like 150 fps more. Its just really sensitive to what nubbing you put in. Ill have to playa round with a few more, since the ARES nubbing is way too soft.

Knightmare
S.P.E.A.R.
S.P.E.A.R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Back to top Go down

Post by Centurio on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:47 pm

I played with mine as well with the new chamber and it seems to be working fine. I found out that a small pin on the bolt came loose and due to the blowback, it hit the bady, bent, and then gouged out the inside. It only stuck out maybe 1/8 in. and the scratch is on the inside so you might want to locktite your to be safe. I dont think this is the cause of my hop issues though. At first I thought that maybe the pin was rubbing against the body slowing it doent, as well as the piston which could drop the fps, and the range. But I was having problems before the pin popped out, and I took the bolt out numerous times when installed the new hop parts.

Centurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top