spearairsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IBH Helmet

5 posters

Go down

IBH Helmet Empty IBH Helmet

Post by Evil Head Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Integrated Ballistic Helmet
Many of us rock the IBH helmet for airsoft. They are easy to get replicas from Asia. Great to wear when using commo headset. Here's a little background on the helmets.

This super famous Helmet has been seen used by SEALs, CCT, and PJs (SOCOM) during late 1990s and early 2000s. I remembered the first time I saw the IBH was in the book "American Special Forces". The outlook of the IBH is very impressive and futuristic, just like some sort of space stuffs !

Damn right, IBH was made by ILC Dover, the company that makes NASA space suits and participates in many high tech defense projects. This cool helmet is made by ILC Dover in 1995 - 1996. According to ILC Dover, only 741 pieces were made. It is primarily developed for SOCOM, and the FBI. Now, let's look at the features of the IBH.

The IBH offers lightweight limited small arms and frag protection, hearing protection, full communication capability, night vision capability, gas mask capability, even HALO face mask capability. Now, just imagine this was done 12 years ago !!! Totally amazing !!

Communication system of the IBH is called AHS (Ambient Hearing System). The earcups are removable, providing sound attenuations, additional ballistic protections, communication capabilities including ear speakers and boom mic wiring. The boom mic can be set at the right or left. The boom mic provides communications interface to standard military communication gear. The two communication cords are removable. It is a dual cord communication system, allowing you to use two radios at the same time, like PRC radios, Motorola MX300R and Saber radio.

Removable oxygen mask receivers which provides interface to PHAOS Parachutist Mask, MBU type oxygen mask, and the gas masks.

For the NVG mounts, there are many options. The original mount is made for AN/AVS-6 NVG. Wilcox Industry later offers several mounts for the IBH. These mounts fit the more popular PVS-7, PVS-14, PVS-15 and PVS-18 NVGs.

Innovative replaceable comfort/ sizing pads which provide profit helmet sizing as well as a comfortable interface with the user. Replicable foam impact layer provides limited impact protection. Four point replaceable chin / nape strap provides proper helmet adjustment.

Despite all the above cool features, IBH production was discontinued. Rumor said it didn't pass all the tests required by SOCOM (correct us if we were wrong). Only 741 pieces were ever produced according to ILC Dover.

They ones we use tend to look plastic. The tan especially. To combat this I've tried to dust it with layers of brown, green, and tan rustolium paint.
IBH Helmet 73058383
Using this image I was able to replicate a weathered look for my helmet. The shadows and depth created by the paint and a light sanding and scuffing in areas makes it look a bit more authentic. I will continue to work with the helmet in order to give it the perfect "dirty" look.

Here are a few picture of mine.

IBH Helmet DSC_0335

IBH Helmet DSC_0336

IBH Helmet DSC_0341[img]

Last edited by Evil Head on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evil Head
Evil Head
Admin
Admin

https://spearairsoft.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

IBH Helmet Empty Re: IBH Helmet

Post by Knightmare Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Ordered my IBH and Calvary headset off of EHobby Asia yesterday and paid an extra 10 bucks for rush delivery. I hope it'll be here for the Open next Saturday.
Knightmare
Knightmare
S.P.E.A.R.
S.P.E.A.R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Back to top Go down

Post by Torque Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:50 pm

That looks much improved Ray!
Torque
Torque

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:34 pm

I'd like to find a way to attatch my goggle strap to the back of the helmet. More than once at Louisville the strap fell off the back of my helmet and my goggles nearly fell off my face. Not like the guy who lost them from his head (mine would have simply slung down to my neck) but still almost dropped from my face.
Link
Link
S.P.E.A.R.
S.P.E.A.R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundown Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:12 pm

How about putting a velcro mating strip on the back of the goggle strap that sets on the velcro mohawk? I found just snugging it up tight on the velcro helped.

In fact I put a tab of velcro on my deathrag so I can just velcro it to the top of my helmet.

I like mine (better than the Protec that I used to use and recently sold). Unfortunately I probably need to replace the harness with a MICH real one like I think SOL has.
Sundown
Sundown

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:03 pm

That's a great idea, using the velcro on the helmet to hold the goggles! The death rag with velcro is something mav had mentioned at some point, too, and as soon as I get some tan velcro I'll do both of those things (velcro on goggles and helmet).

Velcro (-er, I mean hook-and-loop) is so great.
Link
Link
S.P.E.A.R.
S.P.E.A.R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum